3962 search results for "zero lot line"

Forum
Topic

Yes, it's possible

General forums
posted by Tristan Roberts on May 12, 2010, 5:17 am

Kath Williams LEED Fellow 2011, Principal Kath Williams + Associates LEEDuser Premium Member 140 thumbs up May 18, 2010- 1:49 pm Along the same line, if an ID credit is not awarded in design review stage, do you have to submit a replacement as you respond to the design review or can you wait until you submit for construction review...in a sense, deferring it? The template won't allow for deferring it at this stage but we thought of adding a note saying we would resubmit with construction credits. Log in or register to post comments Tristan Roberts Representative Vermont House...

Last reply: Tristan Roberts, May 24, 2010, 9:47 pm

exemplary credit: two commuter train, light rail, or subway line

NC-2009 SSc4.1: Alternative transportation - public transportation access
posted by Anthony Bandy-Zalatoris on May 24, 2010, 9:46 am

Mara Baum Partner, Architecture & Sustainability DIALOG LEEDuser Premium Member 674 thumbs up May 24, 2010- 9:00 pm Great question. By the literal LEED language, this would obviously qualify as a bus, not a rail line. However, based on intent and function, the BRT should act as a rail or subway line. Are you able to prove that the BRT line(s) in question have the speed and capacity of an average...

Last reply: Mara Baum, May 24, 2010, 9:00 pm

LEED Trivia

General forums
posted by Tracy Black on May 14, 2010, 8:38 pm

Because the new addition is not less than 2 times the original area of the library credits MRc1.1 and MRc1.2 do not apply. There is no mention of the lot size to verify that the project meets that requirement. That said, I believe that the correct answer should be D) for all of the material reuse on site. LEED ...

Last reply: Tristan Roberts, May 21, 2010, 8:34 am

Just the Plan?

NC-2009 EAc5: Measurement and Verification
posted by Jean Marais on May 19, 2010, 6:11 am

Hannah Pham LEEDuser Basic Member 20 thumbs up May 19, 2010- 12:39 pm You should get a project checklist (if you don't have one already) that lists all the possible credits and required prerequisites in all the LEED catagories. I've found that the prerequisites require a lot more work than the actual credits (at least for WE and EA). And, I just found out recently that ALL the prerequisites in EVERY catagory must be met in order to get LEED certification, even if you aren't attempting points in some of the catagories. Are we having fun yet?;) Log in or register to post comments Tristan...

Last reply: Tristan Roberts, May 20, 2010, 2:15 am

Can you "double-dip" with Open Space and Habitat?

NC-2009 SSc5.1: Site development - protect or restore habitat
posted by April Ambrose on May 18, 2010, 6:34 pm

I never thought that you could use the same land and attribute it to both open space and habitat, but maybe you can. In the "Related Credits" section of the reference guide, the Habitat credit says that "Use of native vegetation...may contribute to achieving the following credits:" and it lists Open Space. However, the Open Space credit does not mention Habitat in this way. Any ideas as to whether this works according to GBCI /USGBC? Anybody submitted a project this way? Any guidance would be helpful as I've found zero information about this in CIR 's, google,...

Last reply: Tristan Roberts, May 19, 2010, 10:24 pm

Using rainwater for toilets

EBOM-2009 WEp1: Minimum Indoor Plumbing Fixture and Fitting Efficiency
posted by Oscar Enguita on May 17, 2010, 10:37 am

Is not possible to demostrate a water reduction in this credit if the building collects water from rain and reuses it for the toilets? In my case, the gallons per flush of potable water is zero. WEp1 ...

Last reply: Jason Franken, May 17, 2010, 11:10 am

EBOM IEQp1

EBOM-2009 IEQp1: Minimum indoor air quality performance
posted by Kim Sosalla-Bahr on Apr 25, 2010, 4:43 pm

Chris Nixon Manager, Sustainable Solutions BRSC LEEDuser Basic Member 36 thumbs up April 26, 2010- 10:05 am I only determined it for the Potentially Critical Zones. If you look at the 6MZ Calc spreadsheet under the Directions tab, line 23, it names Inputs for Potentially Critical Zones and provides guidance for determining these zones. They're generally zones with high occupancy load and low heating or cooling loads so they don't get as much air flow from the air handlers. I've seen it worked for the whole building on other projects, but when I worked this prereq, I only did...

Last reply: Corinna Kester, May 17, 2010, 12:12 am

Flush-out Question

NC-2009 IEQc3.2: Construction IAQ management plan - before occupancy
posted by Leandro Silva on May 14, 2010, 8:34 am

Tristan Roberts Representative Vermont House of Representatives LEEDuser Expert 11474 thumbs up May 16, 2010- 10:56 pm I am checking around, but I doubt you will have luck in this situation. The situation you're in is a common reason for teams to not pursue this credit (basically it's impractical), but to my knowledge teams have not been able to circumvent the impracticality here using a CIR process.Why don't you pursue the air quality testing option (Option 2)? Since you have a second option to earn this credit, there is not a lot of reason for GBCI to be flexible about the Option...

Last reply: Tristan Roberts, May 16, 2010, 10:56 pm

Direct Line of Sight @ 42" w/ glazing starting at 46"?

Schools-2009 IEQc8.2: Daylight and views - views
posted by John Drigot on Sep 30, 2009, 3:24 pm

Josh, Thanks for your insight. It does make sense that the glazing wouldn't need to be contiguous but I had a GBCI reviewer make a remark that made me think that it needed to be. Now I only need to understand the direct line of sight at 42", and whether glazing beginning at 46" and going up to 90" would hinder meeting this portion of the requirement. When I am reading the requirement they refer to "obstruction to the perimeter glazing". Looking at Figure 1 on page 567 of the BD+C reference manual they show the glazing beginning below 42" but the intent...

Last reply: Eddy Santosa, May 16, 2010, 4:44 pm

Late implementation

NC-2009 SSp1: Construction Activity Pollution Prevention
posted by Josephine de Montmarin on May 12, 2010, 5:03 am

Shannon Gray Consultant YRG sustainability LEEDuser Basic Member 228 thumbs up May 13, 2010- 6:40 pm This can be a tough one. The first thing you should do is check that your project is actually compliant with the prerequisite. A lot of projects are…but some are not. For projects that were compliant in the past it’s was easier because we didn’t need to submit photo documentation. Is all we needed to do was make sure the existing plan was compliant and check a few boxes in the template, write a narrative and submit project drawings showing compliance. For 2009 projects, I would check with the GC...

Last reply: Shannon Gray , May 13, 2010, 6:40 pm