LEEDuser.com is brought to you by BuildingGreen, with help from WSP and other LEED experts.
Published by BuildingGreen
LEEDuser is a membership-based resource published by BuildingGreen, Inc. We're an independent company focused on providing high-quality information to help the design and construction industry improve the environmental performance of buildings.
In addition to publishing LEEDuser, we are also known for the resources at BuildingGreen.com, where green building professionals go to stay ahead of emerging trends in the industry, including green building news, healthy products and materials, and continuing education.
The BuildingGreen editorial staff behind LEEDuser include:
- Nadav Malin, LEED Fellow, President
- Brent Ehrlich, LEED-AP BD+C, Product and Materials Specialist
- James Wilson, LEED-AP BD+C, Associate Editor
- Paula Melton, LEED-AP BD+C, Research Analyst
Content from WSP—LEED and sustainable built environment experts
WSP Built Ecology (formerly YR&G) is the primary content developer and expert resource for LEEDuser. Built Ecology is a national, collaborative team of professionals dedicated to the goal of creating a sustainable built environment. Built Ecology represents a range of capabilities, strategic thinking, industry leadership, technical depth, and integration with WSP’s global building, transportation, and environmental engineering, and infrastructure capability.
Built Ecology provides expertise in the following areas:
- Design analytics and modeling
- Design & construction strategy and certifications
- Existing buildings & portfolio strategy and certifications
- Materials health and transparency
- Health and wellness
- Building performance commissioning, auditing, and data analysis
- Renewable and district energyNeighborhoods, campus master planning, and infrastructure
- Organizational sustainability and reporting
- Sustainability finance and economic analysis
The Built Ecology team includes professionals from a wide range of disciplines, including experts and leaders in the greenbuilding industry. Staff have worked with LEED since its inception, including on hundreds of LEED projects across the spectrum of rating systems and located around the world. Built Ecology staff have also worked as contractors to the USGBC and GBCI for LEED Reference Guide content, LEED project certification reviews, Credit Interpretation Requests, LEED Volume program roll-out communications, and more.
LEEDuser's guest experts
We at LEEDuser are proud to have assembled an "all-star" team of LEED experts to help keep our content relevant to your day-to-day needs, author new guidance on specific topics, and to engage in the LEEDuser forums. Our experts include the following individuals.
- Rebecca Aarons-Sydnor – Sustainable Design Consulting, LLC
- Dan Ackerstein – Ackerstein Sustainability
- Lee Altman – NYC Department of Design and Construction
- Ashwini Arun – WSP
- Stephen Ashkin – The Ashkin Group LLC
- Allison Beer McKenzie – SHP Leading Design
- Robert Benazzi – Jaros Baaum & Bolles
- Doug Bennett – Southern Nevada Water Authority
- Neal Billetdeaux – JJR
- Aaron Binkley – Digital Realty
- John Boecker – 7Group
- Scott Bowman – Integrated Design + Energy Advisors
- April Brown – Green Bridge Consulting
- Carlie Bullock-Jones – Ecoworks Studio
- Kristen Callori – Verdacity, LLC
- Barbara Campagna – National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Jenny Carney – WSP
- Randal Carter – Steelcase Inc.
- Roger Chang – DLR Group | Westlake Reed Leskosky
- Andy Clarke – League of American Bicyclists
- Jon Clifford – Greensquare
- Dylan Connelly – Integral Group
- Jill Dalglish – MKK Consulting Engineers
- Michael DeVuono – Arcadis North America
- Fred Dock – City of Pasadena, CA
- Brent Ehrlich – BuildingGreen, Inc.
- Corey Enck – USGBC
- Lisa Fabula – KEMA Services
- Whit Faulconer – USGBC
- Elizabeth Floyd – Sustainable Design Consulting LLC
- Asa Foss – US Green Building Council
- Jason Franken – Sustainability Professional
- Susann Geithner – Emerald Built Environments
- Calie Gihl – WSP
- Barry Giles – BuildingWise LLC
- Sam Glass – USGBC
- Bradley Guy – The Catholic University of America
- Michelle Halle Stern – The Green Facilitator
- Daniel Hicks – Geiler & Associates
- Rusty Hodapp – Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport Board
- David Hubka – Rivion
- Gregory Hurst – Robert Peccia & Associates
- John-David Hutchison – BGIS
- Blake Jackson – Stantec
- Melissa Kelly – WSP
- Lori Knosalla – FSC–US
- Alexis Kurtz – Arup
- Kera Lagios – Integral Group
- Trista Little – WSP
- Steve Loppnow – WSP
- Josée Lupien – Vertima inc.
- Maureen Mahle – Steven Winter Associates, Inc.
- Nadav Malin – BuildingGreen, Inc.
- John McFarland – WorkingBuildings, LLC
- Batya Metalitz – USGBC
- Summer Minchew – Ecoimpact Consulting
- Andrew Mitchell – Mitchell Gulledge Engineering
- Ellen Mitchell – HKS
- Jim Nicolow – Lord Aeck Sargent
- Larissa Oaks – USGBC
- Michael Opitz – Cadmus Group
- Brendan Owens – USGBC
- Gautami Palanki – USGBC
- Glen Phillips – Bright Green
- Karen Poff – Austin Energy
- David Posada – SERA Architects
- Todd Reed – 7group
- Emily Reese – Jacobs
- Michelle Reott – Earthly Ideas LLC
- Rock Ridolfi – Rivion
- Amy Rider – KEMA Services
- Tristan Roberts – The Laurentia Project
- Christopher Schaffner – The Green Engineer
- Marcus Sheffer – 7group
- Ken Shook – Longman Lindsey
- Larry C. Sims – Studio4
- Lauren Sparandara – Google
- Marilyn Specht – Integral Group
- Susie Spivey-Tilson – CBRE
- Kevin Stack – Northeast Green Building Consulting
- Ben Stanley – WSP
- Kara Strong – Sustainable Design Consulting
- Bill Swanson – Integrated Architecture
- Paul Swierc – WSP
- Tyler Thumma – 7Group
- Joel Ann Todd – Independent Consultant
- Crissy Tsai – Webcor Builders
- Russell Unger – Urban Green Council
- Alexis Voeltner – Healthy Buildings
Do you want to be a LEEDuser guest expert? Please send us a note via our contact form. We usually add guest experts from people who are already posting to the LEEDuser forum, so if you haven't already, consider spending some time there.
LEEDuser experts from the field
In addition to LEEDuser's guest experts, the following groups have provided special support to LEEDuser's development.
Overall review of credit material for the NC, CS, Schools, and CI rating systems was provided by Thornton Tomasetti (through the formerly independent group Fore Solutions, led by Gunnar Hubbard).
Dan Ackerstein provided overall review of LEED-EBOM material. Dan provides sustainability consulting and EBOM project guidance to public, private and nonprofit clients across the country from the offices of Ackerstein Sustainability, LLC in Santa Cruz, California.
Michelle Reott of Earthly Ideas provides regular review of LEED Online updates, LEED Interpretations, and other specialized topics such as construction waste management.