LEEDuser.com is brought to you by BuildingGreen, with help from WSP and other LEED experts.
Published by BuildingGreen
LEEDuser is a membership-based resource published by BuildingGreen, Inc. We're an independent company focused on providing high-quality information to help the design and construction industry improve the environmental performance of buildings.
In addition to publishing LEEDuser, we are also known for the resources at BuildingGreen.com, where green building professionals go to stay ahead of emerging trends in the industry, including green building news, healthy products and materials, and continuing education.
The BuildingGreen editorial staff behind LEEDuser include:
- Nadav Malin, LEED Fellow, President
- Brent Ehrlich, LEED-AP BD+C, Product and Materials Specialist
- James Wilson, LEED-AP BD+C, Associate Editor
- Paula Melton, LEED-AP BD+C, Research Analyst
Content from WSP—LEED and sustainable built environment experts
WSP Built Ecology (formerly YR&G) is the primary content developer and expert resource for LEEDuser. Built Ecology is a national, collaborative team of professionals dedicated to the goal of creating a sustainable built environment. Built Ecology represents a range of capabilities, strategic thinking, industry leadership, technical depth, and integration with WSP’s global building, transportation, and environmental engineering, and infrastructure capability.
Built Ecology provides expertise in the following areas:
- Design analytics and modeling
- Design & construction strategy and certifications
- Existing buildings & portfolio strategy and certifications
- Materials health and transparency
- Health and wellness
- Building performance commissioning, auditing, and data analysis
- Renewable and district energyNeighborhoods, campus master planning, and infrastructure
- Organizational sustainability and reporting
- Sustainability finance and economic analysis
The Built Ecology team includes professionals from a wide range of disciplines, including experts and leaders in the greenbuilding industry. Staff have worked with LEED since its inception, including on hundreds of LEED projects across the spectrum of rating systems and located around the world. Built Ecology staff have also worked as contractors to the USGBC and GBCI for LEED Reference Guide content, LEED project certification reviews, Credit Interpretation Requests, LEED Volume program roll-out communications, and more.
LEEDuser's guest experts
We at LEEDuser are proud to have assembled an "all-star" team of LEED experts to help keep our content relevant to your day-to-day needs, author new guidance on specific topics, and to engage in the LEEDuser forums. Our experts include the following individuals.
- Dan Ackerstein – Ackerstein Sustainability
- Eliot Allen – Criterion Planners
- Ashwini Arun – WSP
- Scott Bowman – Integrated Design + Energy Advisors
- Michael Brown – The Beck Group
- Carlie Bullock-Jones – Ecoworks Studio
- Jenny Carney – WSP
- Elizabeth Cassin - WJE
- Jon Clifford – Greensquare
- Dylan Connelly – Integral Group
- Jill Dalglish – Dalglish Daylighting
- Michael DeVuono – T&M Associates
- Daniel Hicks – Geiler & Associates
- David Hubka – Transwestern
- John-David Hutchison – CSV Architects
- Blake Jackson – Tsoi/Kobus & Associates
- Melissa Kelly – WSP
- Lori Knosalla – FSC–US
- Kera Lagios - Integral Group
- Trista Little – WSP
- Samantha Longshore – Transwestern
- Andrew Mitchell – Mitchell Gulledge Engineering
- Ellen Mitchell – HKS
- Nadav Malin – BuildingGreen, Inc.
- Summer Minchew – Ecoimpact Consulting
- Todd Reed – 7group
- Rock Ridolfi – Transwestern
- Tristan Roberts – The Laurentia Project
- Michelle Reott – Earthly Ideas LLC
- Christopher Schaffner – The Green Engineer
- Kimberly Schlaepfer – WSP
- Eric Shamp – Ecotype Consulting
- Marcus Sheffer – 7group
- Larry C. Sims – Studio4
- Lauren Sparandara – Google
- Marilyn Specht – Integral Group
- Ben Stanley – WSP
- Bill Swanson – Integrated Architecture
- Paul Swierc – WSP
- Susie Spivey-Tilson – CBRE
- Alexis Voeltner – Healthy Buildings
- Susan Walter – Wilmot/Sanz
Do you want to be a LEEDuser guest expert? Please send us a note via our contact form. We usually add guest experts from people who are already posting to the LEEDuser forum, so if you haven't already, consider spending some time there.
LEEDuser experts from the field
In addition to LEEDuser's guest experts, the following groups have provided special support to LEEDuser's development.
Overall review of credit material for the NC, CS, Schools, and CI rating systems was provided by Thornton Tomasetti (through the formerly independent group Fore Solutions, led by Gunnar Hubbard).
Dan Ackerstein provided overall review of LEED-EBOM material. Dan provides sustainability consulting and EBOM project guidance to public, private and nonprofit clients across the country from the offices of Ackerstein Sustainability, LLC in Santa Cruz, California.
Michelle Reott of Earthly Ideas provides regular review of LEED Online updates, LEED Interpretations, and other specialized topics such as construction waste management.