Stantec's Western Canada Carbon Impact Team currently has two postings for Sustainability Analysts in Western Canada.
Stantec Jobs - Sustainability Analyst in VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Canada
Stantec Jobs - Sustainability Analyst in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Stantec’s Western Canada Carbon Impact Team is a collaborative and creative group of multi-disciplinary sustainability, health and wellbeing and energy professionals. We provide professional consulting services that support high quality, healthy and high-performance projects in the built environment.
Our service areas include sustainability planning, green building certifications, performance engineering, and health and wellbeing. We work with public and private sector clients in the community development, commercial, health care, education, institutional and airport sectors in communities across Western Canada and beyond.
We are seeking a highly motivated consulting professional with specialized expertise in integrated design, green building, and sustainable urban development. Advising on all aspects of a building’s certification process and making recommendations to assist with the design and implementation of sustainability principles. At times, you may make presentations on building performance rating tools. You will also be responsible for preparing the necessary paperwork for certification. The successful candidate will contribute technically to our team’s existing portfolio of existing sustainability projects.
The successful candidate is a sustainability professional with a related graduate degree and 2-5 years of professional experience in a related area. You have a strong background in sustainability issues with an understanding of land development, infrastructure and resource management processes.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work with the Sustainability Specialist and project team to develop a project-appropriate sustainability strategy
- Evaluate and track sustainability measures (e.g. LEED strategies) implemented on projects
- Communicate sustainability requirements and obligations to other team members
- Help to document submittal for submission to the “green” building certification body (e.g. CaGBC/GBCI, Green Globes, BOMA, etc.)
- Review project documents (drawings, specifications, product submittals) for compliance with certification requirements.
- Write reports communicating certification and energy analysis findings, and design recommendations for improved building performance.
- Prepare and coordinate documentation required for certification.
- Conducting research and technical analysis, as required, for projects and reporting on findings.
- Preparing quality client deliverables in a timely and profitable manner.
- Execute projects to meet client expectations.
- Interpret trends and statistics
- Prepare and deliver presentations to clients and/or design teams.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Outstanding verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver persuasive and compelling presentations.
- Strong technical report writing skills.
- Ability to think broadly across several focus areas and bring together an optimized solution;
- Analytical thinking to draw sensible conclusions from own work and communicate these clearly to others
- Detailed knowledge of the LEED rating systems and / or other sustainability rating system programs including Green Globes, BOMA Best, WELL and Fitwell
- Working knowledge of sustainable design and alternative energy strategies for buildings and communities
- Knowledge of building codes, standards, and protocols referenced in LEED and other sustainability standards (such as ASHRAE).
- Candidates should also possess:
- Demonstrated innovative, independent problem solving methods and capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work cross functionally.
- Strong people and team skills.
- Dedication to professional development.
Education and Experience
- An undergraduate degree or diploma in sustainability, green development, environmental sciences, planning, interior design, engineering, applied sciences, architecture or its equivalent.
- Minimum two to five years of green building certification work experience.
- Those with Green Building Rating/Certification credentials such as LEED AP, WELL AP and Passive House, are strongly preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Add new comment
To post a comment, you need to register for a LEEDuser Basic membership (free) or login to your existing profile.