We are looking at the formaldehyde emissions evaluations requirements for v4.1 (pasted below) compared to v4. We found it odd that the third bullet point references both a European (EN 717-1:2014) and American (ASTM 2559) standard under the same requirement strategy.
Does anyone know if this is intentional or should the standards be seperated under different requirement strategies? It seems that everything after "...emissions class E1." starting with "Structural composite wood..." should belong to a fourth bullet point that relates to structural composite wood products only.
- EPA TSCA Title VI or California Air Resources Board (CARB) ATCM for formaldehyde requirements for ultra-low-emitting formaldehyde (ULEF) resins
- EPA TSCA Title VI or CARB ATCM formaldehyde requirements for no added formaldehyde resins (NAF).
- Tested per EN 717-1:2014 for formaldehyde emissions and complies with emissions class E1.Structural composite wood product made with moisture resistant adhesives meeting ASTM 2559, no surface treatments with added urea-formaldehyde resins or coatings, and certified according to one of the following industry standards:
- Plywood: compliant in accordance with Voluntary Product Standard - Structural Plywood (PS 1-09), Voluntary Product Standard – Performance Standard for Wood-Based Structural-Use Panels (PS 2-10), or one of the standards considered by CARB to be equivalent to PS 1 or PS 2: (AS/NZS 2269, EN 636 3S (including CE label), Canadian Standards Association CSA O121 for Douglas fir plywood, CSA O151 for Canadian softwood plywood, for CSA O153 Poplar plywood, or CSAO325 for Construction sheathing)
- Oriented strand board: specified with the Exposure 1 or Exterior bond classification in accordance with Voluntary Product Standard – Performance Standard for Wood-Based Structural-Use Panels (PS 2-10)
- Structural composite lumber: compliant in accordance with Standard Specification for Evaluation of Structural Composite Lumber Products (ASTM D 5456-13)
- Glued laminated timber: compliant in accordance with Structural Glued Laminated Timber (ANSI A190.1-2012)
- I-joists compliant in accordance with Standard Specification for Establishing and Monitoring Structural Capacities of Prefabricated Wood I-Joists (ASTM D 5055-13)
- Cross-laminated timber: compliant in accordance with Standard for Performance-Rated Cross-Laminated Timber (PRG 320-15)
- Finger-jointed lumber labeled “Heat Resistant Adhesive (HRA)” in accordance with the American Softwood Lumber Standard (DOC PS-20 2015)