Our project is a five story public building with operational contracts which include "contract document requirements". These are essentially a series of reports that must be provided per the property management contract. Several of these reports are for janitorial and cleaning. Inspections are conducted monthly by three representatives, the property manager rep., the cleaning company rep., and the tenant representative. The entire building is "inspected" monthly and scored on a 1-5 scale. Each floor receives an average score and these scores are averaged for a building score.
The scale for the scores is similar to APPA except if any space falls below a specific numerical level of cleanliness it must be corrected by the end of shift. Any action items which are detailed in the report must be followed up weekly until corrected. These details include things like: "bollards and rails were found with heavy accumulation of dust; sign of inconsistency in scheduled required cleaning". The report includes required action items and level of urgency. The report is then discussed and once agreement is reached on the score it is signed by all parties. Agreement is important because there are financial incentives tied to the level of cleanliness. The project is essentially conducting a cleaning audit monthly. The report is then reviewed by the "owners representative". Yes it is very time consuming.
My question is would this be a possible alternative compliance path with out having to provide and fill out the data in additional forms? The reports identify space types and floors and room scores but not square footage. I'm considering a CIR but with out being able to provide the actual reports in a CIR I'm not sure I could achieve a favorable response. Our whole process goes way beyond an APPA audit. If anyone has ideas on what could make this work I would appreciate the feedback. Thanks