Hi to all,
I am doing energy model for one of our LEED CI Project under v4 rating system.
The following contents are copied from reference guide,
Option 1. Tenant-level energy simulation
Demonstrate a 3% improvement in the proposed performance rating compared with the baseline performance rating for portions of the building within the tenant’s scope of work. Calculate the baseline according to ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA Standard 90.1–2010, Appendix G, with errata (or a USGBC-approved equivalent standard for projects outside the U.S.), using a simulation model for all tenant project energy use.
Projects must meet the minimum percentage savings before application of renewable energy systems.
The proposed design must meet the following criteria:
- compliance with the mandatory provisions of ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA Standard 90.1–2010, with errata, (or a USGBC-approved equivalent standard for projects outside the U.S.);
- inclusion of all energy consumption and costs within and associated with the tenant project; and
- comparison against a baseline tenant project that complies with Standard 90.1–2010, Appendix G, with errata but without addenda (or a USGBC-approved equivalent standard for projects outside the U.S.).
Exception: the baseline project envelope must be modeled according to Table G3.1(5) (baseline), Sections a–e, and not Section f.
Document the energy modeling input assumptions for unregulated loads. Unregulated loads should be modeled accurately to reflect the actual expected energy consumption of the tenant project.
If unregulated loads are not identical for both the baseline and the proposed performance ratings, and the simulation program cannot accurately model the savings, follow the exceptional calculation method (ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA Standard 90.1–2010, G2.5). Alternatively, use the COMNET modeling guidelines and procedures to document measures that reduce unregulated loads.
From above, the one of the requirements is to comply with the mandatory provisions of ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA standard 90.1.2010.
However, the same requirement is not mentioned in the LEED Online form (provided below)
Option 1. Tenant-level energy simulation. The project team will document improvement in the proposed building performance rating as compared to the baseline building performance rating per ASHRAE/IESNA Standard 90.1-2010 (or USGBC-approved equivalent standard for projects outside the U.S.). (0-25 points).
- Please clarify, which one to followed.
- Also, clarify the below one.
If I select prescriptive path, I must meet both mandatory & prescriptive of 90.1.2010. Then requirements AEDG, Zoning control, LPD reduction & Energy star equipment percentage to get 16 points.