We are doing a study on a university campus which has had a few LEED certified projects in the past. Looking ahead, we'd like to see if there can be a guideline as to how to approach LEED certifications for future improvements on campus on a holistic approach. However, in our case we do not know where exactly the future improvements are, but they will all be on a campus of about 200 acres. Can we still creat a Master Site and seek pre-approved campus credits? Or does AGMBC only applies when you know where and what the projects are on the same campus? Thanks!
You rely on LEEDuser. Can we rely on you?
LEEDuser is supported by our premium members, not by advertisers.Go premium for $12.95 »
Samantha HarrellLEED Project Reviewer certificate holder
115 thumbs up
April 17, 2012 - 1:30 pm
Hi Mei, when creating a master site, you'll have to document the location of each project pursuing individual certification. Here are the submittal requirements:
• a general narrative of the overall campus project
• a schematic site plan showing the location of the LEED campus boundary and the location of each project pursuing LEED certification
• a list of the campus credits being attempted
• a list of the individually registered projects to which the campus credits will apply
In addition, the following information is required in the Project Information (PI) forms within the Master Site registration:
• Total site area within the LEED campus boundary.
• Combined footprint of all buildings with the LEED campus boundary (including buildings not pursuing LEED Certification).
• Area outside the combined building footprints, within the LEED campus boundary, that is comprised of hardscape. (if applicable)
• Total number of parking spaces provided for building users. (if applicable)
Mei ZhuSenior Engineer
Gewalt Hamilton Associated, Inc.
6 thumbs up
April 17, 2012 - 3:19 pm
Thanks Samantha. Based on your commets, it seems that we won't be able to use the Master Site approach for campus planning stage. Is there any system that can streamline the LEED certification on an overall campus basis? Does anyone know would LEED for Neighborhood Development work in our case?