Congratulations 2013 LEED Fellows
When the idea of a LEED Fellow credential was first floated, I wasn't sure about it. This was when the term "legacy" was about to be affixed to tens of thousands of existing LEED APs, and we were going to be asked to navigate a new jungle of credential types. Would it be worth it?
As more individuals have been recognized with this honor every year, any skepticism I felt has been overwhelmed by amazement at their accomplishments, and their contributions to the green building movement. The volunteer hours, mentoring, organizational leadership, and innovation represented here is amazing. While I don't want to single anyone out, I can't help but note the pride and amazement I felt personally this year as my colleague and mentor Nadav Malin became a LEED Fellow, as well as close collaborators I've worked with on LEEDuser such as Jenny Carney of YR&G and Mara Baum of HOK, to name a couple. The posthumous recognition of the legends in their own time Gail Lindsay and Greg Franta speaks well to what the Fellow credential is about.
Congratulations to the 2013 class of LEED Fellows, announced today by USGBC:
- Alan Traugott, CJL Engineering
- Alfred Vick, Solidago Design Solutions, Inc.
- Amanda Sturgeon, International Living Future Institute
- Andrea Traber, Integral Group
- Bert Gregory, Mithun
- Brenda Morawa, Integrated Environmental Solutions
- Chris Ladner, Viridian
- Craig Kneeland, NYSERDA
- Deepa Sathiaram, Airfrige
- Doug Pierce, Perkins + Will
- Douglas Brinkley, Clark Nexsen
- Elizabeth Eason, EE Architecture
- Erik Ring, LPA Inc.
- Fiona Cousins, Arup
- Gail Lindsay, Design Harmony
- Gerald Kettler, AT&T
- Greg Franta, Rocky Mountain Institute
- Jason Hainline, Dake Wells
- Jeff Oberdorfer, First Housing
- Jenny Carney, YR&G
- John Amatruda, Viridian Energy & Environmental
- John Dalzell, City of Boston
- Kevin Flynn, EcoDEEP
- Leo Roy, Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc.
- Luke Leung, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
- Mara Baum, HOK
- Mark Lucuik, Morrison Hershfield
- Mark Palmer, City and County of San Francisco
- Martin Roy, Martin Roy et Associés
- Michael Deane, Turner Construction Company
- Muscoe Martin, Muscoe Martin Architecture
- Nadav Malin, Building Green
- Pamela Lippe, e4 Inc.
- Paul Stoller, Atelier Ten
- Paul Tseng, Advanced Building Performance
- Peter Busby, Perkins + Will
- Punit Jain, Cannon Design
- Rachelle Schoessler Lynn, MSR Design
- Robert Meredith, Healthy Green Buildings Consultants
- Robert Phinney, HDR Inc.
- Robert Watson, ECON
- Srinivas Suryanarayanarao, Confederation of Indian Industry
- Samuel Pobst, Ecometrics
- Sara O’Mara, Choate Construction
- Scot Horst, U.S. Green Building Council
- Sharon Refven, Hawley Peterson Snyder
- Steven Piguet, Sustainable Design Consulting, LLC
- Susan Kaplan, BuildingWrx
- Teresa Rainey, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
- Vivian Loftness, Carnegie Mellon University
- Ying Wang, Okapi Architecture
Thanks for all that you do, and keep up the good work!