This was the first time our office participated in a Pilot Credit. Not being familiar with Pilot Credits, I inadvertently missed the General Pilot Documentation Requirements (Participation to the Forum and Feedback Survey) initially, which was pointed out by the reviewer. Now that I think about it, those two requirements make sense for the purpose of Pilot Credits to improve the Credit Requirements and to evaluate the Pilot Credit for a permanent credit. I should have known better, but as a beginner for LEED documentation and Pilot Credit, this was a lesson learned and I hope my mishaps help other beginners.

Complying with the credit requirements was straightforward and I had no questions. The following are a couple of our compliance examples which others may find useful:

Item 8 (Signage to encourage stair use)
The signage is installed at each elevator waiting area to encourage stair use in fun and informative way. The sign reads “Burn Calories not Electricity Take the Stairs!” and “Did you know…Elevators account for about 5% of a building’s electricity use? By taking the stairs instead of an elevator, you are helping to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and the costs of operating your facility.” A similar sign is installed at each stair.

Item 6 (Architectural lighting fixtures in the staircase) and Item 9 (Use inviting sensory stimulation)
The lighting fixtures specified for the corridor are carried into the stairways and laid out to create visual features on the stairway wall. The skylight casts daylight on the wall through the open space at the end of the landings. As result, this simple stair provides users on enjoyable experience which varies throughout the day.

I wish I could post pictures!