Dear Leed user team,
This question concerns the exhaust rate for toilets of an new office building.
It's an office building of 35 000 square feet, registered in Leed v4 certification.
The office building has on each floor a toilet block, composed by:
- a common space with washbasins and faucets
- several separate toilet (separate by partitions and door)
The office building will be occupied only by tenants (the employees).
The project must respect the Standard 62.1-2013. This standard describes in TABLE 6.5 the Minimum Exhaust Rates.
1. Could you please guide me about the toilet type must be apply:
- toilet private (25/50 cfm/unit)
- toilet public (50/70 cfm/unit)
2. If the answer is the case of toilet private, and with continuous system ventilation (07 am to 22 pm), can I use the lower rate?
3. If the answer is the case of toilet public, and with continuous system ventilation (07 am to 22 pm), which rate must i use?
Thank you in advance for your return.