Dear fellow modelers,

I have a query regarding modeling and saving percentage calculation for datacenter buildings for LEED CS -2009.

I have modeled the datacenter building with its actual process load and actual parameters/ values to cool building and process equipment’s. Now for considering the savings, I need suggestion from you, that what should be the actual way of considering its savings as per LEED, and any exceptional calculations required.

1. Considering savings for full building including every consumption (process consumption)– In this case project is achieving 2% saving, as process consumption is very high.
2. Considering savings for building only (excluding both the process electrical energy consumption and HVAC energy consumption to cool process equipment/data center equipment) – in this case project is achieving around 8% savings.
3. Considering savings for building (excluding the process electrical energy consumption, but including the HVAC energy consumption to cool data center process equipment’s, and general space both) – in this case project is achieving around 33% savings, as HVAC systems are very efficient (HVAC to cool spaces, and HVAC to cool datacenter equipment’s both are very efficient).

It’d be great to have your suggestions on this.

Thanks,
Anurag Joshi