Hello,

I am looking for help with an issue concerning the ventilation requirement EQP1 for a logistic warehouse.

The table 6-1 from ASRHAE.90.1ip.2010  to calculate the volume of air renewal is well thought for most kind of buildings.

But for a logistic warehouse of almost 6000m² and 12 meters high (72 000 cubic meters) with a maximum of 15 persons occupancy at once, it doesn't seem quite adapted.

The requirement to bring 8300m3/h of outdoor fresh air seems like a huge waste of energy for a really little gain in air quality.

On my project I have an air extraction of 6000m3 per h but no equipment was planned to force fresh outdoor air in the building.

Arguments for not putting such system are the followings:

• The activity requires the opening of wide sectional doors as often as 17 times a day
  • Such building doesn't have an high ratio of air tightness.
  • The air won't get saturated in CO2 by 15 persons in 72 000m3.
  • Ventilating unheated air in the building would increase significantly the heating costs.

So my questions:

Is there a limit to the room volume or people density to which that rule applies?

Can an exception be made on such configuration to avoid wasting energy and money for imperceptible gains?