P.E, LEED AP BD+C, BCxP
Sustainability and Commissioning Consultant
Sustainable Engineering Concepts, LLC
30+ Years of Experience in the Design and Construction
• Registered Professional Engineer( Florida and North Carolina(inactive))
• NCEES Model Engineer with complete and active record
• LEED Accredited Professional BD+C
• ASHRAE Certified: Building Commissioning Professional BCxP
• Proven Leader of Integrated Project Teams Seeking LEED Certification
• Passionate Practitioner of High Performance Building Design Concepts
• Diversified Mechanical and Electrical Project Experience
• Energy Design Focus Across Wide Range of Building Types
• Mentor for LEED Awareness and Education
30+ years of Engineering experience with an emphasis on Sustainable Design Practices. I have been involved with more than forty (40) LEED Certified projects. I have led Project Teams as LEED Project Administrator toward goal of achieving LEED Gold, Silver and Certified projects using LEED NC, LEED for Schools, LEED NC Version 4, v2009 and LEED CS & CI 2009 certification platforms. I have also been a team participant in for multiple LEED Platinum projects. Most recent project experience has been as LEED Administrator and Commissioning Agent for multiple USCIS projects for GSA.
Recent projects include Mayport Fitness Center in JAX,FL. The Owner is the US Navy, NAVFAC SE. This project is recently completed and includes a Natatorium with a unique exhaust system designed to remove harmful chloramine gases that are responsible for respiratory challenges for many patrons. The Natatorium dehumidification equipment waste heat from DX compressors is the first stage of heating for the pool. Project is slated for LEED Silver.
UPDATE: The project has earned 72 of 110 point to earn LEED GOLD certification.