LEED Management - Indoor Water Efficiency
Successfully managing the LEED documentation process requires specific knowledge, tools, and skills that are not covered in the LEED Reference Manual. This CEU course is based on the LEED Project Management course that GreenStep developed and teaches through UC–Berkeley Extension. It is designed for professionals who are somewhat familiar with the LEED Rating System, but who are looking to go beyond the basics to gain a deeper understanding of the unique processes involved with managing a LEED project, including documenting several of the most common credits from start to finish.
This LEED-specific module is focused on the Indoor Water Use Reduction Prerequisite and Credit in the LEED BD+C, ID+C and O+M Rating Systems. As part of the module, participants will use various resources, including the LEED credit calculator, to perform a detailed LEED credit calculation for a real-world project. The ultimate goal of our LEED Project Management series is to empower participants with the knowledge, skills, and tools necessary to make an immediate impact on future LEED projects.
- Describe how the Indoor Water Use Reduction credit and prerequisite are structured in LEED v4 BD+C, ID+C, and O+M.
- Learn which resources are available to help navigate the LEED v4 BD+C, ID+C, and O+M Indoor Water Use prerequisites and credits.
- Identify key assumptions that must be made with this credit and prerequisite in LEED v4 BD+C, ID+C, and O+M.
- Understand how to perform water reduction calculations with the LEED v4 BD+C calculator.
- Recognize how different fixtures can affect the overall performance and number of LEED v4 points.